Entreprise du Patrimoine Vivant Entreprise du Patrimoine Vivant


Entreprise Georges Lanfry

Stonecutting, roof-frame, carpentry
18 impasse Barbet
76250 Deville Les Rouen
Normandie

Tel : +33 (0)2 32 82 88 28

Founded in 1774, Baron became Lanfry in 1921 when it was taken over by Georges Lanfry.

Both an archaeologist and an entrepreneur, Lanfry turned this building and public works company into one of France’s most important historical monument restoration firms.  Based in Déville-lès-Rouen, Seine-Maritime, after the Second World War the firm was given the job of restoring the main historical monuments in Rouen that had been hit by the war: the cathedral, the law courts, and the church of Saint-Maclou.   A family business in which ten successive generations have forged a very strong identity, and proud of its rare age and expertise, the firm is the oldest French company in the sector. Today Lanfry has an active presence in the restoration of freestone, masonry and sculptures – its traditional specialities – for the Historic Monuments department. Meanwhile, it also produces traditional timber frames and chestnut shingles.