Find us on the Route of EPV:
Founded in 1896 by Marius Bastide, a rubberman – manufacturer of stamps or rubber stamps – and engraver, the Maison Trabuc, both witness of and contributor to the artistic, commercial and economic life of the region, is part of the history and culture of the City of Marseille and designed the city ‘stamp’.
The shop has an unusual heritage – signed enamel plates, engraved and thermoformed plates, intaglio, embroidery patterns, stencils, soap brands, wax seals, stamps created in the workshop, composters, daters, catalogues of another century – and recounts the activities of the brand over the decades. Its Haussmann style front, with the workshop upstairs and accompanied by a giant zinc stamp, representative of corporations from early last century, are part of the commercial, architectural heritage of the city of Marseille.
Today, Christian Ollivier carries on the business of his shop in accordance with new trends and a dynamic in which ancestral knowledge and sustainability are synonymous with modernity and innovation and a creative impulse toward the future is pursued with rigour and discernment, ensuring the Maison Trabuc retains its badge of honour.