Entreprise du Patrimoine Vivant Entreprise du Patrimoine Vivant


Société Simon

Manufacturing and maintenance of agri-food machinery
BP 540
50100 Cherbourg en Cotentin
Normandie

Tel : +33 (0)2 33 43 09 18
Sale with the professionals
Founded in 1856 under the name "SIMON JEUNE ", the Simon company originally specialised in repairing boats and hydraulic mills; they soon shifted their focus to agricultural machinery.
Having changed their name to "SIMON et ses fils" in 1886, it then became "SIMON Frères", manufacturing apple crushing machines, presses and continuous hydraulic presses for cider and wine, and crushing machines for harvests. These days, the company designs and manufactures highly complex machinery that requires proven expertise in metalwork and welding.

Based on advanced technologies, it handles all of the operations in three workshops - mechanical: turning, milling and grinding, quality control; metalwork: waterjet cutting, bending, rolling, pressing, shearing, welding, sanding, penetrant testing; polishing and assembly. The workshop excels in the quality of the equipment they manufacture: complex forms, precision adjustment, high performance assemblies, impeccable finishes...

Their customers include major agri-food conglomerates: LACTALIS, ELVIR, UCL, ISIGNY, CANDIA, LAÏTA, TETRA PAK, CLOVER, AL MARAÏ. A large proportion of the company's output is for export. The company was awarded two gold medals at the start of the 20th century: at the Universal Exhibition in Paris in 1900 and Brussels in 1910.